“Do you not know I am a woman? When I think, I must speak.” - Shakespeare, As You Like It
This resource is being established:
- Upon the realization that any people whose women-folk walk even one step behind the rest of society, is one doomed to accelerated extinction;
- On the belief that the African world in particular, has been deprived long enough of the God-given wisdom and constructive contributions of a full half of its society, its women;
- As an invitation to each African woman to come and take her rightful place in the world as a shaper of our collective destiny.
Our Calling is, therefore :
- To be an audible voice by providing a forum for self expression to all women who originate in Africa, live in Africa or have an interest in the well-being of African women;
- To serve as a meeting place of the minds for African women and their friends;
- To educate the world about African women by scientifically collecting and candidly recording data on African women in their traditional, professional, socio-political and spiritual settings;
- To call to account the rest of the world in the eradication of archaic practices, stemming from outmoded beliefs, that are serving to keep African women in bondage.